StruXure Pergola’s Unique Gutter System
Gutters and downspouts direct water away from your home, transporting it out to the surrounding landscape – when they’re not obstructed. Leaves and debris naturally collect within gutter systems over time, clogging drainage channels and causing water to cascade down the side of your pergola. Leaks and drips from above and puddles of water underfoot, collecting near your basement or foundation, are not a good scenario. Luckily, it’s easy to clean out your pergola’s gutter system, avoiding soggy situations and complications from water damage.
How Your StruXure Louvered Pergola Gutter System Works
StruXure aluminum pergolas are built to give you peace of mind through the rainy spring season. Unlike imitators, our pergolas provide truly waterproof outdoor shelter. When louvers are fully closed, they create rain channels that funnel water directly into the built-in gutter system. From there, the 7 ½ inch, 360-degree integrated gutter system channels water swiftly away. Our patented pass-through gutter technology delivers superior drainage performance - and unlike some pergola designs with unsightly gutters, the entire system is totally invisible. Gutters and downspouts hidden in pergola support columns maintain a clean, sleek design.
To ensure your louvered roof pergola system is ready to provide shelter the instant you need it, StruXure pergolas also offer optional wind, rain, and snow sensing technology. Our smart pergolas are the ideal solution for quickly adding functional, usable space anywhere, from large commercial green spaces to small outdoor patios, providing versatile, year-round shelter. Whether you’re looking to take advantage of the sun’s warmth in brisk weather, protection from Denver’s brutal summer sun, or for shelter from the rain, StruXure pergolas from Denver Pergola Systems have you covered.
Tips for Cleaning Your Pergola Gutter System
Over the course of the outdoor living season, gutters and downspouts in your louvered pergola system may get filled with leaves and debris carried by the wind from nearby trees. It’s essential to regularly clean gutters to prevent clogs. Without occasional maintenance, debris buildup could make the gutter system back up, causing water to spill over the sides of the pergola roof in the rain. To ensure optimal performance:
- Inspect and cleans gutters and downspouts at the start and end of the season
- Before beginning work, be sure your ladder is secure – never place ladders directly against downspouts or gutters on your home
- To prevent falls, always keep one hand on the ladder
- If you struggle climbing up or balancing on the ladder – or you’re afraid of heights – call a pro
- Wear waterproof gloves to protect yourself against germs and microorganisms in gutter waste
- Spray down gutter debris and dirt with a garden hose, hosing or scooping out as much as possible
- For stubborn clogs, a plumber’s snake may be necessary
- For more information on cleaning your StruXure aluminum pergola, see our pergola care and maintenance tips
Get ready for spring showers. Ensure year-round comfort with the reliable shelter of a StruXure louvered pergola from StruXure of Denver. Contact us at 303-505-6669 to learn more about our state-of-the-art home and commercial pergolas today.