Many aluminum pergola kit options exist for improving outdoor living comfort and functionality, but not all products offer the same quality, customizability, and ease of use. How do AlunoTec aluminum pergola kits compare to custom StruXure pergolas? Uncovering the differences between these two brands will ensure lasting happiness with your patio shelter investment.
Common Benefits of StruXure and AlunoTec Louvered Pergolas
Both StruXure and AlunoTec louvered roof pergolas offer versatile outdoor shelter. Featuring a unique louvered roof design, they allow you to enjoy your deck or patio in any weather, adjusting on demand to let in the perfect amount of sun or shade or closing to provide protection against rain and snow. Both manufacturers also offer custom pergola sizing and a structure designed to withstand high winds and snow. However, StruXure and AlunoTec adjustable louvered pergolas have some unique differences that are important to understand.
AlunoTec Pergolas At-a-Glance
- Manufacturer: AlunoTec is based in Guangdong, China, exporting its products to over 150 countries over the past ten years. Pergolas may be purchased directly from the manufacturer’s website or through popular international e-commerce platforms.
- Structure: The company offers two louvered pergola lines – the Pergo-Lux ‘heavy-duty smart bioclimatic pergola’ and the Pergo-Lite, their ‘special design for wholesalers.’ The AlunoTec website provides little information on the differences between these two products, which are similar to the StruXure Pergola X Pivot 6 model line. They produce both pergola models using 6063-T5 aluminum, a slightly less durable construction than StruXure home pergolas.
- Design options: AlunoTec pergolas offer limited customization, featuring a simple, modern design with straight lines that may not go well with all architectural styles. Standard pergola colors include white, black, grey, and wood-look options.
- Available accessories: Built-in pergola accessories are similar to those offered by StruXure, including built-in lighting, radiant heaters, and ceiling fans, as well as zip-up screens, as opposed to motorized screens.
- Operation: AlunoTec pergolas offer manual, remote control, or app-driven operation.
- Installation & warranty: Residential pergolas are available to US customers as a DIY kit with the option for professional installation, though online searches fail to reveal associated US installer/reseller listings. AlunoTec offers a 15-year pergola structure warranty and a 3-year electronics warranty.
StruXure Louvered Pergolas At-a-Glance
- Manufacturer: An industry leader, US-based StruXure has been bringing cutting-edge louvered roof pergolas to US customers since 2009, remaining on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies for seven consecutive years. It was acquired by Chicago-based AZEK Company Inc., a leading manufacturer of beautiful, low-maintenance, environmentally sustainable outdoor living products, in 2022.
- Structure: StruXure motorized louvered patio covers feature more durable, fully extruded 6063-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum with premium AkzoNobel powder coating. Adjustable louvers offer a full 170 degrees of motion, allowing you to dial in the perfect amount of sun, shade, or ventilation. Interlocking louvers and an integrated 360-degree gutter system featuring the largest rain channels in the industry deliver leakproof rain protection.
- Design options: StruXure pergolas offer nearly unlimited customization. We offer attached and freestanding pergolas from single 12×12 cabanas to massive multizone systems in custom sizes. Complement your home with your choice of white, black, grey, beige, bronze, adobe, faux wood, or custom shades. Create a sleek, modern pergola, achieve a traditional look, or create your own unique design with cornice facades, corbel ends, cap and base trim, fan beam/beam chase, and architectural columns.
- Available accessories: Outfit your custom pergola with recessed LED lighting, ceiling fans, infrared patio heaters, speakers, TV mounts, motorized pergola screens and curtains, rain/wind/freeze sensors, and more, ensuring year-round, comfortable use.
- Operation: StruXure pergolas offer electric or solar-powered manual or motor-driven operation via remote control or wall switch using Radio Technology Somfy (RTS) technology. You can also program your pergola using your mobile device with the Somfy MyLink app or with popular home automation systems using voice commands from anywhere in your home.
- Installation & warranty: StruXure pergolas are made in America and installed by StruXure Denver, Denver’s exclusive StruXure dealer. Our louvered pergola systems are backed by an industry-leading warranty:
- Manually operating system: 10 years
- Power components: 5 years
- Support components (posts, gutters, louvers, beams): 15 years
- Manufacturing: Lifetime
Which Pergola is the Better Value? StruXure or AlunoTec?
AlunoTec may offer a lower price, but when you’re ready to purchase an aluminum pergola with louvers, spending thousands on a pergola of questionable quality from an unknown overseas company to save money is a big gamble. With no area retailers, wholesalers, or installers, no verifiable online US consumer reviews or Better Business Bureau affiliation, and limited recourse for addressing shipping delays, product damage/defects, and assembly problems, AlunoTec pergolas present many unknowns.
StruXure’s customizable pergolas offer a more practical choice, ensuring a lasting return on your investment and top-notch support over the life of your pergola, which includes a longer, fully transferrable warranty. American manufacturing and professional installation by Denver’s exclusive StruXure pergola dealer ensures access to the help you need whenever you have questions or concerns. StruXure Denver, Denver’s exclusive StruXure dealer, has installed over 500 pergolas across the region over the last decade. Our top-notch online and BBB reviews and high customer satisfaction ratings reflect the quality of our products and services.
Ensure Maximum Return on Your Pergola Investment
Bring your dream outdoor living design to life with aluminum pergola kits from StruXure Denver. Contact us at 303-500-6669 to schedule a design consultation or to learn more about available 3-D rendering services today.
Visit one of our Pergola Show Rooms
1101 N. Santa Fe Dr
Denver, Colorado 20204
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-6pm
See A StruXure Pergola From Denver Pergola
950 Simms St,
Lakewood, Colorado 80401
Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-5pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am-5pm
Indoor Outdoor Spaces
Stop by and see a StruXure Pergola in person!